ALA Chicago Community Service Event
Join ALA Chicago for its annual community service event which will combine service, networking, great food, and cocktails.
This year, we are going to get a little dirt under our nails as we partner with My Block * My Hood * My City to create seed bombs to plant in garden boxes in vacant lots across the neighborhoods of Chicago. This event will be interactive, fun, and purposeful. Work alongside your fellow members and business partners as we team up to Cultivate Connections.
We encourage you to invite your work colleagues for this team building and enriching activity. Click HERE for a PDF invitation to share.
Come for the service, stay for the fun!
You don’t need a green thumb to be a part of this event! Let’s partner together, add a little sweat equity, and Grow opportunities for positive Connections to help My Block * My Hood * My City in their mission to build garden boxes to be planted with wildflowers, vegetables, and herbs to start street gardens and neutralize vacant properties. This vital community organization works to connect youth to new opportunities and experiences through eye opening exploration and supports block clubs on the South and West sides with training, resources, and volunteers to serve seniors, schools, community centers, and more.
4:30pm - Event Start /Registration
- change into your t-shirt or place over clothes
- explore the Raffle Shop
- Bar opens, passed food
5:00pm – Introduction of Charity and Service Project
- demonstration given for seed bombs and garden bed assembly
5:15pm - Let the creations begin- Cultivate, Connect and Grow
- Cultivate: Head to any of the 7 stations. Try them all or pick a few.
- Connect: Grab some friends, some food and do something together at your own pace
- Grow: Do your part to hit our goal of 1,000 seed bombs and 10 garden beds
- Stations #1-5: Seed Bombs: Mammoth Sunflower, Summer Squash, Lettuce, Carrot and wild Petunia
- Stations #6-7: Garden Bed Assembly
7:00pm – Prizes, Raffles, Scholarships – and final count…
- Raffles and scholarships will be drawn (must be present to win)
- Charity announces final seed bomb and garden bed count
Begin clean-up – if you can stay and help, all are welcome!
7:30pm –Event End
Members & Bronze Business Partners: $60 (Early-Bird rate through March 6th, then $70)
Platinum, Gold & Silver Business Partners:
- Platinum level partner may bring up to 4 representatives (included in sponsorship)
- Gold level partners may bring up to 3 representatives (included in sponsorship)
- Silver level partners may bring up to 2 representatives (included in sponsorship)
You will have an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for fun prizes during registration or you can do it directly through our store at any time. Click HERE to go to the Store.
As part of the event, you will be provided with a t-shirt to wear either over your clothes or change into before the project begins. Please select your size preference during registration.
Can't make it, but would love to help?
Can't make the event but would still like to help support My Block * My Hood * My City?
Attention Business Partners and Member Firms! We have Sponsorships Available!
There are several sponsorship opportunities available on a first-come, first-served basis that will provide your company with additional name recognition during the event. Available opportunities and costs are listed below. Click HERE to download our Sponsorship information.
|Sprout (Up to 10 sponsors)
|Vegetable Garden (Up to 10 sponsors)
|Jacob's Ladder (Up to 10 sponsors)
|Bright Lights (Up to 10 sponsors)
Thank you to our Business Partner Sponsors!