Legal Secretary, IP Trademark
McDermott Will & Emery - Main Office
260 Attorneys; 150 Staff
Reports to: Legal Secretarial Manager
Location: 444 W. Lake St. Chicago, IL
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an IP Prosecution legal secretary and 3 years in a professional services environment
- Strong knowledge of steps involved in trademark prosecution from application filing to registration
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word), Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Pro, Document Management, time entry systems and IP Prosecution specific databases including Inprotech or CPI)
- Trademark knowledge required
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and able to effectively utilize time and resources
- Client service/customer satisfaction oriented
DESCRIPTION: The Chicago office is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to provide administrative and secretarial support for attorneys in our Intellectual Property Trademark Practice Group. As an IP Trademark Legal Secretary, you will:
- Prepare IP Prosecution specific documents, forms, spreadsheets and presentations including U.S. trademark prosecution filings, reporting letters to clients, and correspondence with foreign counsel
- Provide legal and non-legal administrative support to attorneys and clients
- Prepare image files to meet U.S. Patent and Trademark Office specifications for logo design marks and specimens
- Maintain dockets on a regular schedule and send reminders to attorneys as necessary
- Process intake of new clients; create client files; search and print reports
- Work with assigned billing specialist to prepare invoices, create cover letters, and mail invoices; review, submit, and track payment of foreign counsel and vendor invoices
- Coordinate meetings including setting up videoconference/calls, requesting meeting room service, equipment, catering
- Organize and maintain files
- Organize and maintain contacts and calendars
- Manage phones including: incoming calls, messaging, transfers and conference calls
- Schedule travel; process expense reports, check requests and business development activity
- Enter and release time for timekeepers; print reports as requested
Posted May 16, 2019
Legal Assistant/Corporate & Transactional
Chuhak & Tecson - Main Office
60 Attorneys; 125 Staff
Reports to: Secretarial Supervisor
LOCATION: 30 South Wacker Drive, Suite 2600, Chicago, Illinois 60606
EDUCATION: Some college education a plus or the equivalent of professional work experience. Minimum of 5 years Legal Secretarial experience, preferably in Corporate.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years
DESCRIPTION : The Corporate & Transactional Legal Assistant (Secretary) must have a minimum of 5-7 years of Administrative and Legal experience in the area of Corporate and Legal Transactions; must be multi-talented and experienced in performing administrative job-responsibilities in conjunction with legal secretarial duties. Administrative support will consist of coordinating calendars, meetings and appointments, creating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases, handling confidential matters, drafting communications as well as other ad hoc projects; knowledgeable about preparing legal documents including Agreements, Contracts, Affidavits, Auditor’s letters, Waivers, Notes, Disclosures, Opinion Letters, Engagement Letters, Conflict Letters, wills, trusts, estate plan and probate documents, Promissory Notes, closing books.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY ONLINE: email@example.com
Posted: May 15, 2019
Labor & Employment Secretary
Seyfarth Shaw - Main Office
400 Attorneys; 200 Staff
Reports to: Secretarial Services Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of legal experience. Ability to manage vendor invoices. Proofreading, attention to detail and solid grammar a must. High degree of proficiency with Outlook a must. High degree of proficiency with Word preferred. Skill Requirements: Typing speed/accuracy: 70 wpm with accuracy. Proficiency in Microsoft Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel). Legal citation and legal terminology expertise. Excellent grammatical and spelling skills. Familiarity with Carpe Diem, Elite, DeltaView, document management systems or similar technology.
DESCRIPTION : Inputs, revises and finalizes correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents. Drafts routine correspondence, memoranda and other documents. High degree of proficiency with PACER and e-filing procedures . Proofreads documents and checks for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammar. Receives, reviews and prints electronic faxes. Delivers paper faxes as necessary. Sorts, dates and reads incoming mail. Prepares documents and packages for mail, messenger and overnight delivery. Prepare expense reports, manage vendor invoices, mailings, and travel arrangements Completes client/matter forms. Requests conflicts of interest checks. Opens new files. Maintains all client and general files. Conducts periodic review for possible storage of old files and prepares files to be closed. Coordinates and follows through on requests and projects with other support departments (e.g., word processing, receptionists, file/document clerks, office services). Provides overflow assistance and secretarial support for Secretarial Team Members’ attorneys and paralegals. Other duties and projects as assigned. Reviews and edit bills as necessary.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY ONLINE: https://www.seyfarth.com/staff
Posted: May 2, 2019
McGuireWoods LLP - Branch Office
100 Attorneys; 190 Staff
Reports to: Practice Assistant Manager
LOCATION: 77 West Wacker Drive, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60601
EDUCATION: Requires high school diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: At least three years corporate/transactional legal experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
DESCRIPTION : McGuireWoods LLP has an opening for a Corporate Practice Assistant/Legal Secretary to join the M&A/Corporate Transactions group in our Chicago office. The secretary will support attorneys with legal and administrative tasks, which include transactional work, document management, opening and closing of files, calendaring, time entry/billing, travel arrangements, meeting/conference scheduling and other special projects. The ideal candidate will be service-oriented, team oriented, and have strong attention to detail.
•Prepares, edits and formats legal documents, including closing documents, signature pages and binders
•Assists with the opening of new client matters and the gathering of pertinent information to complete task
•Manages attorneys’ calendars, coordinates meetings, schedules conference rooms, and makes travel arrangements as required
•Assists with billing process to include entering attorney time, reviewing pro formas (initiates transfers), editing and preparing draft/final bills and cover letters for clients
•Prepares forms for expense reports, check requests, reprographic services, etc.
•Prepares legal documents and correspondence from draft
•Opens, prioritizes and distributes mail
•Coordinates mailings, deliveries, copying and courthouse filings where appropriate
SEND RESUMES/APPLY ONLINE: https://internal-mcguirewoods.icims.com/jobs/4192/practice-assistant/job
Posted : April 12, 2019
Brennan Burtker LLC- Sole Office
14 Attorneys ;10 Staff
Reports to: Firm Administrator
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
EDUCATION: High School diploma or Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 3 plus years experience as a legal assistant or paralegal; familiar with legal documents and terminology, typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high rate of accuracy; able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines; and excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates must be reliable, professional, detail-oriented and able to work independently and with a team, have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a fast paced environment.
DESCRIPTION : Brennan Burtker is a health care and litigation law firm searching for a Legal Assistant to join our growing team. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for supporting attorneys by performing a variety of administrative duties including transcribing and proofreading legal documents, file, organize, scan and copy legal documents, schedule court depositions, hearings and other meetings, and file documents with the court.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY ONLINE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted : March 25, 2019