Note: GCC Job Bank postings are intended for direct response by applicants. Submissions by professional recruiters may not be considered.
IP Trademark Paralegal
McDermott Will & Emery - Main Office
260 Attorneys; 150 Staff
Reports to: IP Manager
Location: 444 W. Lake St. Chicago, IL
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate
- At least five (5) years related work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Knowledge of international IP legal databases
- Knowledge of docketing software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) •Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong client service skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize as well as accurately capture billable time
DESCRIPTION: McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work. The Chicago office is seeking an Intellectual Property Trademark Paralegal for the IP Prosecution, Transactions and Strategy Practice Area. The Intellectual Property Trademark Paralegal provides support to attorneys in rendering legal services to clients. This position assists in all procedural and substantive matters regarding foreign trademarks. As an Intellectual Property Trademark Paralegal, you will:
- Prepare new trademark, domain and copyright applications and other trademark prosecution documents for filing at appropriate trademark offices, including gathering all necessary information from clients regarding same; monitoring and maintaining applications through issuance
- Communicate with attorneys, as well as clients, and foreign agents regarding preparing and processing all paperwork necessary during pendency of trademark applications, including formalizing original documents
- Communicate with foreign associates on initial filing requests and other correspondence during the prosecution of foreign applications
- Prepare reports for clients regarding pending trademark applications and registered trademarks; oversee accuracy and necessary follow-up on daily docket entries; maintain portfolios with supervising attorneys
- Review electronic docket daily
- Assist with trademark searches, including initial screening searches
- Perform status checks
- Review incoming transfer cases for accuracy and prepare necessary power of attorney documents
- Review and maintain renewal and maintenance dockets for clients
- Prepare files for outgoing transfers
Posted May 16, 2019
Chuhak & Tecson, P.C.- Sole Office
60 Attorneys; 65 Staff
Reports to: Paralegal Principal & Director - HR
Location: 30 S Wacker Dr Suite 2600, Chicago, IL, 60606
EDUCATION: BA/BS degree; paralegal certificate a plus
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years paralegal experience.
DESCRIPTION: The corporate paralegal works alongside attorneys preparing documents required to form, maintain, amend and dissolve not-for-profit corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. Responsibilities include all aspects of corporate governance such as annual reports and corporate minutes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize documents and coordinate document production.
- Form corporate entities (corporations, LLCs, LPs and not-for-profits), draft and file documents with Secretary of State, IRS, Revenue Departments and Licensing Departments.
- Draft internal corporate documents such as by-laws, stock certificates, resolutions, minutes, LP agreements, and operating agreements.
- Draft and file not-for-profit IRS and Attorney General filings.
- Draft and file licensing documents with the Illinois Division of Professional Regulations.
- Ensure corporate compliance by maintaining Excel charts to track annual tax filings.
- Interact with attorneys and clients to keep internal corporate records up-to-date.
- Create and maintain corporate minute books.
- Draft and file UCC Financial Statements, Amendments and Terminations.
- File Trademark Section 8, 9 and 15 renewals.
- Monitor and review government regulations to ensure that client is operating within the law.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic.
- Organized, detail-oriented, flexible with ability to multi-task and change directions in a fast-paced environment, coupled with the ability to work effectively in a team and independently under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of all office equipment such as fax machines, scanners, photocopiers and calculators.
- Familiarity with time entry system for the purposes of recordation of paralegal’s time
Disclaimer: This job description is subject to be amended or changed at the Firm’s discretion. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified. Please note that all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted May 16, 2019
Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg - Main Office
110 Attorneys; 100 Staff
Reports to: IP Department Chairs
Location: 200 W. Madison, Chicago, IL
EDUCATION: Paralegal Certificate
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 or 7-10 Years of Trademark Paralegal experience in a law firm
DESCRIPTION: Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP is looking for a senior Trademark Paralegal for our growing IP practice area. Our IP group has extensive experience in all facets of IP practice, including counseling, clearance, licensing, prosecution, business transactions involving intellectual property, registration, enforcement and litigation. We represent clients in a broad range of industries, including fashion, cosmetics, motor vehicle, manufacturing, technology, health care, food and beverage, real estate, and financial services. The ideal candidate will possess at least 7-10 years of experience in a law firm. Must have experience in the trademark area of intellectual property, including conducting trademark searches, coordinating U.S. and international trademark filings, preparing responses to Office Actions, drafting correspondence, preparing of worldwide assignments and post-transaction closing recordings, and assisting with U.S. and international oppositions and cancellations. Must be proficient with relevant IP databases including USPTO and WIPO websites and Corsearch for searching and trademark watching as well as experience with vendors (e.g. Clarivate, Corsearch, etc.). Ability to complete electronic filings in the USPTO, including the TTAB, and WIPO. Additional qualifications include good research skills, and strong analytical skills. Self starter who demonstrates a high level of attention to detail. 40 hour work week plus overtime. Competitive salary and benefits package. EOE
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO email@example.com
Posted May 7, 2019
Berger Schatz - Branch Office
5 Attys; 4 Staff
Reports to: Managing Partner
Location: 300 E. Illinois Rd, Suite 200, Lake Forest, IL 60045
EDUCATION: 4+ year degree/ or paralegal certificate, or comparable work experience.
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of solid litigation experience, domestic relations preferred.
DESCRIPTION: North Shore Job – Downtown Benefits. Be part of our prestigious matrimonial and family law firm, with offices in Chicago and downtown Lake Forest. Berger Schatz has an opportunity in our growing North Shore office for a highly qualified litigation paralegal. We are seeking a smart, professional team player with 3+ years of solid experience, domestic relations preferred. To qualify for this interesting position, supporting our exceptional attorneys and working with our high-profile clientele, we require a 4-year degree and/or paralegal certificate, or comparable experience. You will need to be highly organized and proactive, able to follow instructions with precision and work independently without supervision, handling multiple cases simultaneously. Top-notch skills, knowledge of accounting basics and excellent written and verbal communication are required. If you are able to maintain a fast pace and enjoy a challenging position with responsibility and high client contact, this assignment will afford you the opportunity to work with the best. Good humor and team spirit are valued. Tell us about your qualifications, with a cover letter and resume forwarded in strict confidence.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: April 26, 2019
Thompson Coburn LLP- Branch Office
68 Attys ; 125 Staff
Reports to : Paralegal Manager
Location : 55 East Monroe Street, Suite 3700, Chicago, IL
EDUCATION : Undergraduate degree and/or paralegal certificate
EXPERIENCE: : 5 or more years
DESCRIPTION: Thompson Coburn LLP currently has a position available in our Chicago office for a full-time paralegal in the Real Estate/Real Estate Land Use practice area. Qualified applicants will possess an undergraduate degree and/or a paralegal certificate as well as five or more years of experience. Excellent written and oral communication skills and proficiency with MS Office suite are required. Additional details about the position and our online application can be found by visiting www.thompsoncoburncareers.com.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: http://www.thompsoncoburncareers.com
Posted: April 26, 2019
Seyfarth Shaw - Main Office
400 Attorneys; 200 Staff
Reports to: Corporate Attorneys
Location: Chicago, IL
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate
EXPERIENCE: Proven analytical and organizational skills. Ability to pay very close attention to detail. Ability to be flexible, multi-task, handle pressure and prioritize work flow. Proven ability to problem solve, think independently and tackle projects with minimal supervision. Ability to work effectively and professionally with internal colleagues and external clients and opposing parties. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner. Ability and aptitude to work with numbers, calculations, etc. As this position is in a critical needs area, the individual may need to arrive early, stay late or work weekends with little or no notice. Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, including knowledge of EXCEL and WORD including the ability to merge files and databases, and the ability to conduct on-line research of Secretary of State and Department of Tax/Revenue offices for corporate, tax, recording, zoning and other information.Previous corporate paralegal experience Notary Public license desired
DESCRIPTION : Seyfarth Shaw LLP, a full service national law firm, seeks a paralegal for its Chicago office. Under the direction and supervision of the attorneys and Senior Paralegals in the Corporate Department, this position will assist attorneys and Senior Paralegals in various aspects of transaction management, entity formation, compliance, document preparation and review (including articles of incorporation, certificates of formation, by-laws and limited liability company agreements).
Job Description: We are seeking a professional with two to four years of corporate paralegal experience. The candidate must possess experience with corporate filings/compliance, closings and research. The candidate must be able to draft annual reports, corporate resolutions and meeting minutes, prepare closing checklists and closing binders, maintain minute books, and assist with due diligence. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations relating to corporate law and be familiar with all forms of business entities (i.e. corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships). Must possess excellent legal research skills including knowledge of electronic databases, communication and organizational skills.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO https://www.seyfarth.com/staff
Posted April 23, 2019
Paralegal - Litigation/Bankruptcy
Levenfeld Pearlstein, LLC - Main Office
67 Attorneys; 65 Staff
Reports to: Paralegal Manager
Location: 2 N La Salle St.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate
- Minimum 5 years of relevant corporate transactional and finance experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adjust to changing project priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Experience with drafting corporate documents
- Experience preparing and organizing closing documents
- A demonstrated commitment to providing superior client service
- Must be able to work occasional overtime as needed
DESCRIPTION : Levenfeld Pearlstein is seeking a paralegal to support its Corporate and Banking and Finance Groups. LP’s Corporate Group represents business organizations ranging from entrepreneurial operated mid-sized companies to large national and global companies, and our Banking and Finance Group represents both borrowers and lenders. Our lawyers provide day-to-day general counseling to help clients understand and solve complex legal, tax, business, finance and lending issues at every stage of representation. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with M&A and commercial finance transactions, excellent communication and technical skills and thrive in a team environment, while still possessing initiative and drive.
Responsibilities: Supports attorneys with all aspects of M&A and commercial finance transactions including:
- Ordering and analyzing due diligence searches
- Preparing ancillary documents including resolutions and company certificates
- Preparing and filing UCC financing statements
- Preparing disclosure schedules
- Tracking due diligence
- Working with and administering data rooms
- Coordinating closing activities
- Drafts entity formation and governance documents
- Prepares and files IRS documents
- Organizes and maintains entity records
- Oversees preparation of electronic closing binders
- Effectively utilizes the firm’s docketing system to track matters
- Communicates with clients and third parties throughout the course of a matter
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO https://www.lplegal.com/careers
Posted April 18, 2019
Patent & Trademark Paralegal
Seyfarth & Shaw - Main Office
400 Attorneys; 800 Staff
Reports to: Supporting Attorney
Location : Chicago, IL
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program.
EXPERIENCE : 5+ years of extensive foreign and domestic trademark prosecution experience with knowledge of SEAGIS and CPI docket database. -Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment. -Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) -Exhibit a high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting and follow-thru skills. -Computer proficient with advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook) required. -Knowledge and experience with database management and administration is preferred.
DESCRIPTION : Assist attorneys and clients in intake, planning and managing trademark portfolios. -Manage multiple client-facing databases containing all completed and pending trademark matters for each client. -Assist with preparation, filing, prosecution and maintenance of trademark applications at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. -Initiate foreign filings and coordinate and correspond with foreign trademark agents concerning foreign trademark applications. -Develop foreign filing strategies and file Madrid international trademark applications. -Monitor prosecution deadlines. Ensure thorough communication and proper responses are provided. -Prepare status charts for clients. Communicate and correspond with clients concerning new and pending applications. Maintain and expand ongoing client relationships. -Conduct online trademark searches and other investigatory functions. -Organize, maintain and update files and docket information related to clients’ trademark portfolios. -Domain name and copyright experience a plus.
Posted March 5, 2019
Paralegal - Trial Department
Duane Morris LLP- Branch Office
49 Attorneys : 83 Staff
Reports to : Office Manager
Location : 190 S. LaSalle Street
EDUCATION: Paralegal Certification from ABA approved institution
EXPERIENCE : 3+ years of law firm experience
DESCRIPTION : Conducts investigations; performs legal research; develops pleadings; prepares motions for review by attorney; assists in discovery Acts as liaison with outside counsel;Contact for court administrators and regulatory bodies;Responsible for organizing, developing and closing of files. Knowledge of trial software: Relativity, TextMap, and Trial Director
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO http://www.duanemorris.com
Posted February 26, 2019