Note: GCC Job Bank postings are intended for direct response by applicants. Submissions by professional recruiters may not be considered.
Fox Swibel Levin & Carroll LLP - Sole Office
31 Attorneys; 19 Staff
Reports to: Director of Administration
Location: 200 W. Madison St. St. 3000 Chicago, IL 60606
EDUCATION: 4-year degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: 5 years in the legal industry
DESCRIPTION: Administrative Coordinator Position Description: Boutique business law firm in the Chicago Loop seeks an Administrative Coordinator to join our growing and dynamic practice and become an integral part of our support team. This position works closely with the Director of Administration to oversee the day-to-day operations of the firm through a variety of human resources and administrative responsibilities. The Coordinator is instrumental in the implementation of firm-wide initiatives, the creation of internal/external communications, and works with department heads to manage long-term projects. Ideal candidates have a minimum 5 years of administrative experience in the legal field, added plus if the experience is across multiple departments (IT, marketing or accounting). The Coordinator will be expected to apply organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude that builds strong inter-personal relationships with the staff. Must be proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have the ability to quickly learn firm specific programs and software.
- Time & Attendance: reconcile PTO, approve PTO requests, and ensure proper staff coverage
- Benefits: Act as liaison between employees and the firm’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and brokers, update firm materials on annual basis, and enroll new employees
- Onboarding: create employee orientations, coordinate training, and verify employment
- Exiting Employees: coordinate exiting employee interviews
- Employee Relations: provide guidance and advice regarding the employee lifecycle
- Recruitment: write staff position descriptions/advertisements, manage job postings, screen staff
candidates, contact recruiters and coordinate schedules for attorney candidate interviews, and collect/ disseminate onboarding materials
- Clerk Team: coordinate and assign daily administrative assignments
- Annual Evaluations: update forms, coordinate and track completion of evaluations, compile final reviews, coordinate review meetings
- Maintain Internal Reference Lists: birthdays, diversity statistics, work anniversaries, and phone directories
- Event Planning: coordinate staff coverage, décor, and food and beverage
- Policy Creation & Firm-wide Project Implementation: work with DOA to write and communicate policy, coordinate rollout of office initiatives, follow up with department heads
- Record Keeping: maintain employee files, take meeting notes, and update tracking sheets
- Marketing & Business Development: provide support through the maintenance of collateral materials and assist with RFPs/RFQs and client responses.
All submissions will be treated as confidential. No recruiters please.
Benefits: We offer a generous benefits package which includes: medical/dental, 401(K), life insurance, transportation fringe benefit program, generous PTO (paid time off policy), and disability policies. Salary is commensurate with experience.
EEO Statement: We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Discrimination or harassment in regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status is strictly prohibited. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted April 12, 2019
Senior Office Administrator
Ogletree Deakins - Main Office
36 Attorneys; 50+ Staff
Reports to: Managing Shareholder
Location: 155 N. Wacker Drive Chicago, IL
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree
• 6+ years of Office Management, HR experience or 10 years combination of experience and education.
• Candidates must be professional, have significant and proven experience in managing others.
• Large law firm experience is preferred, but not required.
• Experience in directing workload, performance management, training, event planning, staffing and recruitment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, plus Document Management Systems.
• Ability to operate all common office equipment, including audio visual equipment.
DESCRIPTION: Ogletree Deakins Law Firm has the opportunity for an experienced Office Administrator to join the expanding Chicago office and manage local administrative functions for one of the firm’s busiest practices. The Senior Office Administrator is responsible for the business administration of the local Chicago office, including all support functions and non-attorney staff coordination. This position will independently manage the operations of the office, including human resources, local financial planning and controls, marketing and event planning, facilities and information systems oversight, as well as other tasks. The position will also work closely with the Office Managing Shareholder in the development and ongoing administration of the office’s strategic plan Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations. Human Resources – Requires minimal supervision from Firm HR Director:
• Communicates and enforces Firm Policies and Procedures
• Conducts interviews and recommends all selections of staff employees
• Coordinate attorney recruiting and hiring process
• Coordinate hiring temporary employees with outside recruiting agencies when necessary
• Initiates new employee intake process, employee status change requests, and exiting employee process
• Conducts New Hire Orientation and training for support staff and attorneys
• Coordinates Employee Benefits issues with Administrative Office
• Manages staff and administrative workloads; allocates office resources efficiently
• Coordinates and provides feedback on annual staff evaluations.
• Identifies and documents performance issues and works collaboratively with supervising Attorney, Local Managing Shareholder and/or Firm HR Director to resolve through counseling, performance improvement plans and/or terminations.
• Champions positive work environment and staff motivation Marketing and Event Planning
• Works closely with Shareholders to plan and coordinate local marketing events including briefings, roundtables and seminars
• Assists shareholders with enhancing the firm’s visibility and image in the local market and throughout the firm
• Assists with all local marketing efforts including venue bookings, catering needs and attendee invitations and related follow-up and tracking in Interaction Finance
• Prepares and monitors annual budget
• Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports, working closely with Managing Shareholder to address profitability and productivity issues
• Reviews and approves invoices and expenses for the office
• Oversees purchases of equipment, maintenance contracts and office supplies
• Responsible for administration of the office checking account and attorney trust account
• Works closely with attorneys and Accounts Receivable to assure collections of receivables are managed Telecommunications
• Trains employees on telephone system
• Initiates and maintains communication between firm and telephone vendors Computer Systems
• Oversees all technology within office and acts as Liaison with HelpDesk
• Coordinates Technology upgrades and maintenance with Administrative Office IT department, consultants and vendors
• Coordinate with IT to make sure the phone and voicemail systems are working properly Facilities
• Issues building identification and office keys with emphasis on security issues
• Maintains personnel extension directory
• Acts as Liaison between firm and landlord regarding any facilities projects, maintenance requests, or issues
• Acts as safety coordinator and trains employees on emergency procedures
• Participates in Lease renewal negotiations, space planning, and design for office relocations
• Oversees records storage and management
• A Manage outsourced office support staff Committees and Meetings
• Attends local shareholders’ meetings and chairs local staff meetings
• Plans office social functions while adhering to budget
• Participates in and manages special projects as assigned by Firm Directors or Managing Shareholders
• Attends Office Administrators’ Forum and serves as a role model to other OA’s and can be relied on to serve as a mentor for new Office Administrators
• Readily performs special assignments with firm-wide impact
Posted April 5, 2019
Levenfeld Pearlstein, LLC - Main Office
67 Attorneys; 65 Staff
Reports to: Executive Team
Location: 2 N La Salle St., Chicago, IL 60602
EXPERIENCE: 8+ years experience in management of a professional services firm, law firm preferred
DESCRIPTION: Levenfeld Pearlstein, a mid-sized Chicago based law firm, seeks a full-time operationally sound Administrative Coordinator to support its Executive Team. This position will handle complex administrative matters in support of firm initiatives. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills and thrive in a team environment, while still possessing initiative and drive.
•Draft correspondence, emails, and other communication on behalf of the Executive team
•Coordinate meetings and maintain calendars, including determining availability, sending calendar invitations, reserving conference rooms, requesting setup needs, etc.
•Handle confidential information
•Assist with document retention, including scanning, filing and maintaining electronic filing system
•Assist with the maintenance of the internal communications platform, including drafting and posting firm news, adding upcoming events, updating resources, maintaining client dashboard, etc.
•Assist with entering and updating contact information in the CRM system
•Assist with managing the firm’s in-house CLE program
•Update employee birthday calendars
•Process employee goodwill gifts
•Act as a point person for building relations and assist with facility-related tasks, including submitting work requests, requesting access credentials, performing recurring audits or security data, etc.
•Assist with sub-tenant matters, including both onboarding and termination processing
•Review and process invoices, receipts and expense reports, reimbursements and check requests
•Assist with the preparation and organization of materials for large-scale projects in areas such as compensation, facilities, technology, etc.
•Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
•Minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative or office experience
•Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills
•Strong proofreading skills
•Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
•Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding business and personnel matters and demonstrate discretion in interactions with firm personnel
•Highly confident individual who has a proven track record of using sound judgement.
•Ability to think independently and take ownership of projects as assigned
•Superior working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel and PowerPoint.
•Strong operational background preferred
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO https://www.lplegal.com/careers
Posted April 5, 2019
Chief Administrative Officer
Franczek P.C.- Sole office
30 Attorneys; 26 Staff
Reports to: Managing Partner and Executive Commitee
Location: 300 S Wacker Dr, #3400, Chicago
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree is required and an advanced degree (MBA) is strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum five-years of leadership experience within a law firm or other professional service firm with an emphasis on operations, human resources, and marketing. Legal industry experience is highly preferred.
DESCRIPTION: Primary Responsibilities: • Leadership and oversight of the firm’s human resources, operations, and marketing functions. • Act as a thought leader in collaboration with the firm’s Managing Partner and Executive Committee. • Create and cultivate a positive work environment by building effective working relationships, making sound decisions, successfully making changes, initiating action and achieving results. • Resolve operational and interdepartmental problems quickly and effectively. • Work collaboratively with the firm’s CFO and IT Director to maximize operational efficiencies and client service capabilities.
Skills/Knowledge/Education: • Minimum 5 years leadership experience within a law firm or other professional services organization, with an emphasis on operations, human resources, and marketing. • The proven ability to supervise, hire, and mentor an effective team. • Ability and interest in playing a leadership role in developing and implementing the firm’s long term strategic vision. • Ability and interest in fostering a client centered culture.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO email@example.com
Posted February 19, 2019