Note: GCC Job Bank postings are intended for direct response by applicants. Submissions by professional recruiters may not be considered.
IP Project Assistant
Locke Lord LLP - Branch Office
110 Attorneys; 90 Staff
Reports to: Office Administrator
LOCATION: 111 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606
EDUCATION: HS diploma; some college desired.
EXPERIENCE: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and legal documents; Ability to communicate one’s work product and work efforts to supervisor; Ability to write basic memos and transmittal letters; Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Outlook, and Excel); Knowledge of iManage, LegalKey and Nuance software a plus.
DESCRIPTION: Locke Lord has an immediate opportunity for an Intellectual Property (“IP”) Project Assistant located in the Chicago office. This position provides assistance to attorneys, paralegals and secretaries in the IP pharmaceutical group on projects that may include organization of documents and data; research; maintenance of electronic file systems for pleadings/discovery; organization of deposition and expert materials; special project filing; and any other projects as assigned.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: Tina.Lema@lockelord.com
Posted: May 20, 2019
Office Services Clerk
Berger Schatz - Main Office
30+ Attorneys; 30 Staff
Reports to: Director of Administration
LOCATION: 161 N. Clark Street
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE: Previous office experience preferred
DESCRIPTION: Berger Schatz, a high-profile matrimonial and family law firm, has an opening for an Office Services Assistant to perform a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties. This position requires a smart, customer service orientated individual, with the ability to work with integrity both independently and in a team environment. Job duties include, but are not limited to, handling docket/court runs, messenger deliveries, inventory control, maintenance of office services department, conference room set-up and clean-up, distribution of mail; operation and trouble-shooting of photocopier and various office equipment, answering phones and interacting with attorneys, clients, court personnel, co-workers and others as directed. We are seeking an assistant who will take initiative beyond routine responsibility and look for opportunities to provide service. The successful candidate will possess confidence, congeniality, reliability, punctuality, good communication skills, analytical skills and attention to detail. To handle this interesting and active position, you will need to be organized, flexible, resourceful and possess basic computer skills, the ability to multi-task, and lift 30 pounds. A team spirit and sense of humor are essential.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: email@example.com
Posted: May 8, 2019
IP Trademark Assistant
Barnes & Thornburg - Branch Office
65 Attorneys; 62 Staff
Reports to: IP Partner
LOCATION: One North Waker Drive, Suite 4400
EDUCATION: Bachelors preferred
EXPERIENCE: 1. Working knowledge of the Firm’s core applications, including Word XP, Excel, GroupWise, CD Entry and iManage, and Global IP Estimates. 2. Experience with the IP Department’s software application, Computer Packages Inc. (“CPI”). 3. Knowledge and understanding of the office procedures, fees and forms of the USPTO. 4. A minimum of two years’ experience working in a law firm Intellectual Property Department preferred. 5. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, both internally (IP attorneys) and externally (clients). 6. Attention to detail. Should be able to develop accurate written materials. 7. Action-oriented. Should be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes and be pro-active.
DESCRIPTION: Under the direct supervision of a Chicago IP Partner and according to established policies and procedures, the Trademark Assistant is responsible for the general support of the Chicago Office’s trademark practice group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews incoming correspondence for the Trademark group from the USPTO, foreign associates and clients, and drafts appropriate correspondence in response.
2. Reviews the Trademark docket; prepares letters, assignments, Revocations of Powers of Attorney, Renewals, Trademark office documents and other appropriate documentation based on the docket review.
3. Prepares and electronically files with the USPTO new applications, Statements of Use, Extensions of Time, Powers of Attorney and other maintenance documents.
4. Orders certified copies; obtains legalization of documents; prepares foreign filing estimates.
a. Inputs new, incoming work
b. Maintains trademark database
c. Maintains trademark form letters.
5. Prepares intake and inventory reports for clients and prepares new matter short forms.
6. Reviews, assesses and researches trademark watch notices in consultation with IP partner.
7. Performs trademark searches and review of search results in consultation with IP partner.
Posted: May 7, 2019
Confidential - Sole Office
21 Attorneys; 11 Staff
Reports to: Administrator
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
EDUCATION : High school diploma
EXPERIENCE: 2 years in an office environment
DESCRIPTION: Duties include covering switchboard, strong typing/dictation skills, calendaring, scheduling depositions, ordering court reporters, making travel reservations, file organization/maintenance, and helping with projects as requested. Qualified candidates must be reliable, professional, organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently and with a team, have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a fast paced environment. A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Core work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: May 2, 2019
Document Center Operator - Evening
Vedder Price P.C. - Main Office
200 Attorneys; 300 Staff
Reports to: Evening Document Center Supervisor
LOCATION: 222 N. LaSalle St., Suite 2400 Chicago, Illinois 60601
EDUCATION : High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years’ related experience
DESCRIPTION: Vedder Price's Chicago office is looking for an Evening Document Center Operator who will work the scheduled hours of Monday through Thursday from 10:00 p.m. - 7:15 a.m. This candidate must have a strong understanding of various practice areas of law and be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio, to create, edit, revise and format various types of documents. Additional required applications may include Forte, DocXtools, Adobe, Best Authority, Workshare, PROfile and GoFiler. This position involves training on a continuing basis for all levels with regard to document cleanups and formatting for specific practice areas. As training progresses, responsibilities will increase to higher levels of expectations. This includes special projects. Must be able to work well under pressure and have a positive and professional attitude. Must be able to work in a “team” environment and willing to work occasional overtime.
As the Document Center Operator your job duties will include but not limited to:
- Creating and revising complex legal documents according to Firm guidelines
- Coordinating and communicating effectively and professionally with Document Center Supervisor and others regarding workflow and other issues
- Answering telephones and providing technical help when required
- Proofreading work for accuracy
- Maintaining an accurate log of the amount of time spent working on each document and other duties
- Troubleshooting documents
- Working effectively within a team and as an independent operator, as workflow dictates
- Attending all mandatory training
- Learning and effectively applying new software as required
- Following all documented procedures
- Performing other duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to read, interpret and/or follow instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ related experience
- Knowledge of legal terminology
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office 365 Products
- Typing speed of at least 65 words per minute
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: email@example.com
Posted: April 10, 2019