Seyfarth Shaw LLP – Branch Office
850 Attorneys; 2000 Staff
Reports to: Billing Supervisor
LOCATION: 233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 8000 Chicago, IL 60606
EDUCATION: College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years of legal billing experience Experience with Elite Enterprise strongly preferred Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office Excellent oral and written communication skills Ability to prioritize effectively
DESCRIPTION: Seyfarth Shaw is a large, full-service AMLAW 100 international law firm based in Chicago. The Billing Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of drafting and finalizing client invoices for a group of dedicated attorneys. Job Description Coordinate with Partners, Attorneys and Secretaries to manage time entries and edits, adjustments, write-downs, rate management and bill posting. Work directly with e-billing team to ensure that invoices that require electronic invoices are submitted timely. Preparation and processing of high quality invoices. Prepare invoices in customized formats as required by clients and Partners. Perform override calculations and changes. Initiate requests for supporting documentation and review for accuracy. Help to coordinate follow up on outstanding WIP and receivables. Work with assigned Partners to actively address aged unbilled fees and costs. Assist Collections team with identification and reconciliation of payments received. Provide basic financial data and analysis. Work with billers and attorneys in other offices as needed.
Posted: July 17, 2017
Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism
3 Attorneys; 3 Staff
Reports to: Executive Director
LOCATION: 180 N Stetson, Suite 1950, Chicago 60601
EDUCATION: Business Degree
EXPERIENCE: Experience in accounting/non-profit organizations
DESCRIPTION: The Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism seeks a Part Time Accountant on a one-day-per-week basis. Responsibilities include payroll, accounts payable/receivable, retirement funds/benefits, budgeting, and related duties. Thorough knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office is required.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: Please submit resume and cover letter to Lindsay Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: June 7, 2017
Financial Systems Analyst
Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP – Sole Office
150+ Attorneys; 150+ Staff
Reports to: Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager
LOCATION: 2 N. LaSalle
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience - Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology related field, Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of second-level technical support experience, preferably in the legal environment
- Extensive experience with writing reports and queries in Microsoft SQL a must
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge of PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills to problem solve and implement solutions
- Basic understanding of accounting/finance principles
- Familiarity with Elite accounting system a plus
- Familiarity with Chrome River, Metastorm, Intapp Intake, Redwood BI5 and/or Iridium a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects effectively
- Ability to follow precise procedures and demonstrate strong attention to detail is crucial to job performance
- Excellent people skills including interacting with software users and third party vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to stand for a length of time at a photocopier
- Ability to bend, reach, twist and push while sitting or standing
Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP is a mid-sized Chicago Loop law firm seeking a Financial Systems Analyst. The successful candidate will provide day-to-day support of accounting related software, perform necessary maintenance on accounting systems, provide support for the implementation of new projects, pull data from the back-end of accounting systems using SQL queries for sorting and analysis and additionally, assist with monthly metrics reporting and provide analysis where applicable.
Specific Duties include:
- Provide support on the Firm’s accounting systems (Elite, Chrome River, TimeKM, WebView, WhiteHill, Metastorm/Intapp Intake, Redwood BI5/Iridium, Starcollect). This includes applying patches and scripts received from vendors as well as working with the accounting department on resolving all issues related to accounting system functionality and performance.
- Provide technical support to end-users of accounting software, specifically with writing SQL queries and SSRS reports.
- Coordinate production of monthly data cubes for Redwood BI5 system, including monthly balancing to Elite accounting system.
- Manage/monitor data integrity by performing problem identification & resolution of issues related to financial applications.
- Assist the client intake process with matter creation in Metastorm and the Patent, Trademark, and Copyright work not requiring Conflicts reviews.
- Maintain TimeKM time entry system, including timekeeper setups, assignment modifications, and creation of load files.
- Create and update monthly metrics reports/dashboards and provide analysis where applicable.
- Work with Network Manager and Database Administrator on improving performance of accounting applications and connectivity between accounting systems and other Firm systems (iManage, Interaction, CPI, FileSurf, Evaluation Software, etc.).
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on Elite accounting system to Liaison with Accounting software vendors.
- Support data import processes for Elite Enterprise, including FedEx, USPTO, Mastercard, Lexis, Western Union, etc.
- Create and maintain user accounts, profiles and access rights for accounting systems and software.
- Provide detailed information and documentation to the MIS Help Desk resolving re-assigned tickets relating to accounting software.
- Assist MIS staff in resolving difficult support questions related to accounting systems operation.
- Implement software upgrades and test new functionality of software.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager, Director of Finance and Chief Financial Officer.
Posted May 31, 2017
Financial Services Assistant
162 Attorneys; 88 Staff
Reports to: Financial Services Manager
LOCATION: 77 West Wacker, Chicago, IL 60601
EDUCATION: Four-year college degree and/or similar work experience in an accounting or financial services department. Degree in business and/or accounting a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in a professional services environment preferred
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the daily posting of cash receipts in the Firm’s billing / accounting system, Elite. Assist office personnel with all questions or issues regarding receipts. Responsible for all petty cash transactions, including check cashing, and all cash payments to and/from the office personal. Ensure that all Firm policies and procedures are strictly followed in this area. Responsible for adding new timekeepers into the Firm’s time reporting system, Carpe Diem, and running occasional uploads into the system. Also responsible for preparing monthly and adhoc time related reports and following up on open/missing time. Responsible for preparing a substantial monthly analysis of all operating costs, and helping to identify errors and issues for further review. Also responsible for various monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, including a review of Fixed Asset transactions and preparation of supporting documentation when needed. Responsible for adding/deleting staff from call accounting software and downloading monthly usage reports for review/reconciliation. 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, overtime as needed
SEND RESUMES TO: www.jonesday.com
Posted: May 31, 2017