Marketing & Business Development Strategist
Marshall Gerstein & Borun, LLP - Sole Office
100 Attorneys; 100 Staff
Reports to Chief Marketing & BD Officer
LOCATION: 233 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years of related marketing/business development experience preferably in a law firm, or professional services firm desired. Experience with intellectual property, biotech, healthcare, litigation, and/or transactions is a plus.
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP, a full service, intellectual property law firm located in downtown Chicago, is seeking a technology-savvy, mid-level Marketing & Business Development (BD) Strategist to join their multi-disciplinary Marketing/BD team. The Strategist will lead and directly support select Practice Groups and/or client teams to drive business development/marketing efforts that grow the Firm’s client base, expand existing clients and identify new prospects across a range of industries, for companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to startups. S/he will lead all supporting efforts for those respective practice groups, including annual marketing & BD plans, RFPs/proposals, event management, working with the Firm’s external PR firm for related support, other marketing projects, and serving as the point of contact for the group(s). The Firm’s entrepreneurial environment requires a self-motivated individual, interested in playing a role in all facets of Marketing/BD to help execute against the long-term, strategic roadmap for the Firm. The Strategist works closely with other members of the Marketing/BD team, working alongside the Marketing/BD Committee and reporting to the Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer (CMBDO). The Strategist position interacts closely with staff in other administrative departments within the Firm, and works directly with many of the Firm’s 85+ attorneys daily.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field required (Advanced Degree is a plus).
• 5 to 10 years of related marketing / business development experience preferably in a law firm, or professional services firm desired (i.e. law, accounting or consulting firm). Experience with intellectual property, biotech, healthcare, litigation, and/or transactions is a plus.
• Must have excellent and sophisticated oral and written communication skills and be comfortable effectively interfacing, and inspiring confidence, with all levels of firm management: attorneys, staff, clients, vendors and external business partners.
• Superior writing skills and attention to detail to effectively draft, proofread and capture what attorneys are trying to communicate. Knowledge of the APStyle Guide and Photo formatting desired.
• Advanced level of proficiency in technology required including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Experience with research programs (Monitor Suite, etc.), CRM experience (Interaction), graphic design/desk top publishing programs (i.e. InDesign, HTML), and website content management systems, web editing software, SEO, and social media is not required, but is a significant bonus.
• Must be a self-starter, extremely organized, resourceful with ability to prioritize, drive and manage numerous projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment, take responsibility for comprehensive project management and work independently with little supervision. Must have a tenacious attitude towards ensuring data accuracy, an exceptional eye for detail, and approach projects in a highly responsive manner.
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, time management, teamwork, interpersonal and client service skills. Ability to respond to rapidly changing conditions and work in a dynamic, deadline driven environment.
• Creative thinker, problem solver, entrepreneurial attitude and team player desired.
Send Resumes to/Apply Online By Visiting: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/MAR1023/JobBoard/48f0fa3f-3cf7-f742-d346-af16ccfdac42
Posted: November 12, 2017
Firm Proposals Coordinator
Jones Day - Branch Office
160 Attorneys; 90 Staff
Reports to: Firm Proposals Manager
LOCATION: 77 West Wacker, Chicago, IL 60601
EDUCATION: Four-year college degree.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years’ experience in a business and/or professional services environment, experience in the legal environment preferred
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the global Business Acquisition Unit (part of the global Business Development & Communications department), the Proposals Coordinator supports all aspects of responding to RFPs and creating proposals and pitches, including developing drafts, finalizing the end product, overseeing submission to the client or prospective client, and follow-up to determine the result. Occasional additional hours and/or weekend work may be required.
•Strong organizational, time, and project management skills, able to handle many tasks/projects simultaneously
•Excellent oral communication and business writing/editing skills, with meticulous attention to detail
•Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities
•Strong commitment to teamwork, able to establish effective working relationships across regional, practice, and Firm lines
•Four-year college degree, minimum three years experience in a business and/or professional services environment, experience in the legal environment preferred
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: Proposals Coordinator – Chicago Office
Posted: September 13, 2017