GCC Job Bank postings are intended for direct response by applicants. Submissions by professional recruiters may not be considered.
Eimer Stahl LLP- Main Office
32 Attorneys- 28 Staff
Reports to: Partner Overseeing Marketing Efforts
LOCATION: 224 S. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Six to Eight years of total experience preferred, at least some prior legal marketing experience.
DESCRIPTION: Eimer Stahl LLP is a mid-sized Chicago based litigation firm. Our professional, administrative and support staff are integral to our outstanding client service. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated marketing manager responsible for driving thought leadership, developing content for website and other marketing materials, and managing the submissions process for surveys, directories, rankings. In addition, this individual will spearhead and manage projects to enhance marketing initiatives and strategies for the firm. Successful candidate will have professional services writing experience, strong oral and written communications skills, proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint), excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and deadlines, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Job Duties & Responsibilities: • Managing website content for the firm and its attorneys, including but not limited to drafting and editing attorney bios, case descriptions, firm and attorney award announcements, and other press releases/news items.
• Writing draft responses for submissions to ranking publications, directories and legal media surveys for attorney/firm recognition, illustrating the firm’s practice strengths, philosophies and goals. • Coordinating with attorneys to draft and update practice development materials.• Establishing and maintaining a comprehensive calendar of survey, directory and award submission due dates for the Firm.• Editing, reviewing and suggesting improvements to previously written and/or supplied marketing-related text.
• Working with attorneys to develop and implement practice-specific programs and seminars; applying for state-specific recognition of continuing legal education programs.• Managing internal and external resources in the execution of marketing activities, including the development of pitches, presentations, and RFP responses; development of award submissions; and planning and overseeing firm events.• Coordinating print materials and working with outside designers to develop firm announcements, placements in programs books, holiday cards and invitations to specials events, and organizing firm receptions, conferences and other business development events.• Developing speaking and authorship opportunities with professional organizations.• Organizing and updating firm media archives.
• Staying current on law firm marketing practices and trends.• Knowledge of applicable ethical rules.• Other duties as assigned.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: email@example.com
Posted: July 6, 2018
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP- Main Office
300 Attorneys- 300 Staff
Reports to: Senior Marketing Operations Manager
LOCATION: 525 W. Monroe St. Chicago, IL 60601
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or Business and five or more years’ related experience are required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience working in a large law firm is strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Must be an excellent writer with the ability to effectively articulate value proposition and practice/attorney differentiation. Attention to detail and precision in both thinking and written work product are important. • Must be a highly motivated self-starter, exhibit a high degree of initiative and intellectual curiosity. • Must possess strong independent judgment in order to establish and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment. • Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, in order to maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys and business professionals. • Superior analytical and critical thinking skills that support strong problem-solving capabilities are necessary. • Excellent project and time management skills in order to develop project plans, coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, complete projects on time and manage project team activities. • Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection and system information. Ability to compile and analyze complex data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e-mail or verbally. • Ability to understand and support the Firm’s goals, services, culture and strategy in order to represent the Firm in a positive, professional manner. • Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute marketing-related materials, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds. • Work occasionally requires more than 37.5 hours per week in all offices, except New York (35 hours per week) to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESCRIPTION: The Proposal Manager exercises discretion and independent judgment while working under the general direction of the Senior Marketing Operations Manager and the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer and according to established Firm policies and procedures. The Proposal Manager oversees and provides strategic direction for the firm’s proposal function, with responsibility for responding to requests for proposals (RFPs), developing pitch documents and managing multi-practice pitch opportunities both independently and in collaboration with business development professionals. The Proposal Manager is expected to understand the firm’s practices and their distinguishing characteristics such that he or she can draft original content and maintain existing content through regular updating. This position also works with other business professionals in the firm to collect, edit and organize content in support of business development opportunities. Essential duties are performed personally or in conjunction with other members of the Marketing and Business Development Department. The Proposal Manager will lead the Firm’s proposal function by managing the overall strategy, process and schedule for development of RFP responses, proposals and pitch materials. This includes:
• Drafting, editing and proofreading qualification statements, pitch books, proposals and other related materials. • Coordinating the design process for specialty materials with the Creative Services team. • Coordinating with the Department’s Experience Specialist to ensure all content is updated and consistent in Marketing and Business Development Department systems; occasionally work on content development projects such as representative client lists. • Work independently with Firm lawyers to develop proposals, capability statements and pitch materials. • Liaise regularly with the Firm’s Director of Pricing to develop and articulate pricing strategies that achieve client and firm objectives within defined opportunities. • Manage the library of past and current proposals as well as standardized RFP responses.
• Develop a system to evaluate opportunities in order to determine which should be pursued and how resources should be allocated to their pursuit. • Periodically develop reports for firm leadership on proposal activity and success rates.
SEND RESUMES/APPLY TO: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=KATTMUCH2&cws=1&rid=5700
Posted: July 2, 2018
North American Employment & Compensation Business Development Manager
Baker & McKenzie- Branch Office
275 Attorneys- 175 Staff
Reports to: Associate Director of Business Development
LOCATION: 300 East Randolph Chicago, Il
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or Marketing, or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE: At least five years experience in marketing/business development in a professional services environment preferred. • In-depth knowledge of how clients choose among lawyers and the business development process within professional services firms. • Strong judgment and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions. • Excellent written and verbal communications skills; strong reporting skills. • Advanced understanding of strategic market communications and issues. • Self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision. • Comfortable working across multiple cultures and time zones in a matrix organization. • Strong interpersonal skills, including pleasant nature and ability to influence others. • Organized, detailed oriented individual with good project management skills. • Strong client service orientation. • Tech-savvy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and PowerPoint design. • Familiarity with internet and web-based platforms. • High level of energy and persistence, and understanding of the importance of delivering exceptional customer service to clients.
DESCRIPTION: This role is responsible for assisting the North America Employment &amp; Compensation Business Development Manager to develop and drive regional strategy to maximize client retention and growth for the Employment &amp; Compensation Practice Group (“Group”). Working closely with the partners, the role is an integral part of the Group’s Business Development team, focusing on business development and marketing operations, securing panel and other appointments through the submission of written proposals, maintaining marketing collateral, business planning and strategy development, client relationship management, preparing directory submissions, improving the profile of the Group, and executing the Group’s internal and external events.
This is a hands-on position that requires the individual to provide proactive, reliable time effective marketing services and support to the Jointly Managed Advisory Practices Business Development &amp; Marketing Strategy Associate Director and the Group.
The role requires confidence in managing and influencing senior stakeholder relationships and a highly organized, detail oriented individual with good project management skills, strong client service orientation, excellent written and verbal communications skills with an interest in commercial and business issues.
Posted: May 23, 2018